Annabelle introduction

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.

Annabelle introduction

Postby annabelle_lee » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:29 am

Hello all! I'm Annabelle. I'm a traveler, student and practitioner of the occult. I am a student of alchemy. My foray into alchemy started in 2008. It was a month before I deployed to Iraq, and I had what can only be described as a lucid dream. Or astral travelling. I haven't entirely figured it out myself.

I was visited by Thoth, and transitioned from my old astral realm to a realm completely unknown to me. The only parts of Thoth I ever saw were a gigantic representation of him pointing towards the horizon, and later in the experience his foot. I also saw a representation of my (now ex) husband, who displayed five symbols to me. The symbols, as I later came to figure out made two things: a woman on her back with her legs splayed and innermost parts revealed; and my personal Hieroglyphic Monad. I would not discover the latter until many, many months later. Actually more like a year. I'll post the symbols and their corresponding shapes in my photo album some time in the near future for the curious. One of the symbols turned out to be the seal of Count Caglliostro (forgive the misspelling). This led me to alchemy.

I consider myself a practical student first, then spiritual. Currently I am poring over texts I have on my hard drive, reading forum posts and exploring the prima materia. I'm moving to Belgium soon to pursue my masters degree. Looking forward to getting to know all of you, and hopefully meet! As an aside I plan to attend the international alchemy conference this year.
annabelle_lee

Re: Annabelle introduction

Postby Krisztian » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:27 pm

annabelle_lee wrote:. . . I'll post the symbols and their corresponding shapes in my photo album some time in the near future for the curious.

I'll look forward to it.

You're bringing up the reason why experienced practitioners recommend to join forces with a Soror Mystica. Mutus Liber, French alchemist Armand Barbault, John H. Reid III, among others, discuss the relevance of a female counterpart.

annabelle_lee wrote:. . . I'm moving to Belgium soon to pursue my masters degree. . .

That's great.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here, and share.
Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum / Sapientia Veterum / Aurum nostrum non est aurum vulgi
Krisztian

Re: Annabelle introduction

Postby MShoAT » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 am

Hey,

Good to have you here, looking forward to your contributions!

annabelle_lee wrote:I'm moving to Belgium soon to pursue my masters degree..

We might as well be neighbours then :)
MShoAT
Site Admin

Return to Introductions