Hello to everyone

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.

Hello to everyone

Postby Khan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let everyone know im around.
Back when i was on the first forum that the Author set up a few years back now i got started making equipment for myself and it worked out that most of what was needed i could make. The one thing that bothered me and i didnt know how to over come was the alembic. So i set out to try to melt glass... hahah that was 2 or 3 years back and now i have a full glass working shop... i fell in love with glass thru the conviction that i was going to make an alembic no matter what it took.. i had NO idea.hehe
I guess my shop has probably cost about between 3 and 4 thousand dollars to set up ... but i dont care i just really do enjoy the process of glassblowing.
Anyway, i must have made at least 40 or 50 alembics for all those on that first board and i tryed my very best to keep the cost down because i know its hard to spend on all the equipment we need for the great work. So, now im proud to say my glass skills have improved enormously and making alembics and other specialty glass is not nearly as hard as it was when i started.
I should be around here and i also can be contacted at my email address (khansalembics@gmail.com) if anybody cant find something they need to make progress on their work. Dont hesitate to ask if theres something you need.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your group!!

Khan
Khan

Re: Hello to everyone

Postby Krisztian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Khan wrote:. . . I fell in love with glass thru the conviction that i was going to make an alembic no matter what it took.. i had NO idea.hehe
I guess my shop has probably cost about between 3 and 4 thousand dollars to set up ... but i dont care i just really do enjoy the process of glassblowing.

Alright.

Khan wrote: Anyway, i must have made at least 40 or 50 alembics for all those on that first board and i tryed my very best to keep the cost down because i know its hard to spend on all the equipment we need for the great work. So, now im proud to say my glass skills have improved enormously and making alembics and other specialty glass is not nearly as hard as it was when i started.

Where are you located, which country?
Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum / Sapientia Veterum / Aurum nostrum non est aurum vulgi
Krisztian

Postby Schmeldvich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Glad to have you here, man! Good to see you again!
Schmeldvich

Postby Azoth » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Great to have an alchemist who is a glassblower rather than a glassblower who makes some alchemy glass.

Have you done any circulator type glassware arrangement ie the classic pelican design ?
Azoth

Postby MShoAT » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey Khan,

Welcome on board!
MShoAT
Site Admin

Postby Khan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Hello to all..!!!

I live right here in the good ol USA... i am near Charlotte, NC.

Khan
Khan

Postby Solx » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:52 am

i remember you Khan welcome
Solx

Return to Introductions