Greetings and Blessings Abound!

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.

Greetings and Blessings Abound!

Postby Skwyrl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Good day bredren && sistren of the Art!

My name is PALPABLE POPE Ypyskypo Skwyrl the Y'sas, High Priest, Temple of Appled Thought, Alchemist for Trades.

I am an avid student of Discordianism, Spagyric Alchemy, and the Poison Path. As far as Alchemy is concerned, I've been studying wholly on my own for four years; only recently in the past two years beginning practical workings.

At the beginning of this year I set up my first Alchemical laboratory. I've attempted a few experiments, nothing extreme [Spiritvs Vini, and three way Philosophical extracts], which have worked out quite well; for even my shortcomings have taught me many lessons.

I'm still very new to this path and am excited to have found a forum with what at first glance appears to be full of promising information and kind individuals. I start college this Fall on the path to receive a degree in Biochemistry. It's not Alchemy, but it will assist me in bearing a certificate that gives me credibility for opening a nonprofit Alchemical laboratory to provide free to low cost holistic medicines to our communities, which is one of my larger goals in life.

Thank you for your continued existence.

Bless Iyah, family.
Skwyrl

Re: Greetings and Blessings Abound!

Postby Skwyrl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 pm

P.S.

I probably won't be too active elsewhere for a little while, I want to do lots of reading through posts and become familiar with the site before I do so.
Skwyrl

Postby Schmeldvich » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Great stuff! If you have any pictures from your past experiments that you'd like to share, please do so!

Glad to have you here! This message board is indeed full of gems. So much can be gleaned from what has already been posted here in the past, and much more will be learned as we all continue to contribute to this great resource we have going here.

Welcome!
Schmeldvich

Postby Skwyrl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:58 am

Here is the most recent experiment I have begun working on. I began this back in May.

Three Way Philosophical Separation of Piper Nigrum

Purpose of medicament: To assist an imbalanced central nervous system in regaining homeostasis.

The Process: I began with the separation of the volatile Sulfur. I used 166g of dried herb which was macerated at room temperature in the dark for 24 hours in a menstruum of water. At which point it was transferred into a sand bath and heated to sweat out the volatile Sulfur.

Distillation of volatile Sulfur.jpg
Distillation of volatile Sulfur
Distillation of volatile Sulfur.jpg (94.43 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Receiving Separating volatile Sulfur.jpg
Receiving Separating volatile Sulfur
Receiving Separating volatile Sulfur.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

After there was no more Sulfur entering the receiving flask I then added 20g yeast (Lalvin EC-118) && 680g local honey and corked the flask with a gas exchange airlock and began the fermentation, which took almost 2 full months to finally stop with all activity. When the peacock's tail was full, I strained the herb from the ferment, added a bit of distilled water to close off headspace and reduce oxygen contact disallowing for optimal conditions for acebacter[microbe which metabolizes ethyl-alcohol into acetic-acid (vinegar)], and corked off the ferment to be later rectified.

Fermentatio.jpg
Fermentatio
Fermentatio.jpg (78.78 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

I dried the herb and prepped the herb for calcination. Here I burnt down the herb into a white ash. I added enough distilled water to dissolve the ash completely and commenced with filtering until the received Livixium was thoroughly clear. This was added to a heat proof dish and gently heated from beneath to raise the Salt. This process was subsequently repeated twice more for a total of thrice calcined. There was still a slight streak in the top right corner but I jarred the Salt regardless though it could have used one further calcination.

Calcination of Salt #1.jpg
Calcination of Salt #1
Calcination of Salt #1.jpg (103.69 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

#2.jpg
Calcination of Salt #2
#2.jpg (119.87 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

#3.jpg
Calcination of Salt #3
#3.jpg (121.36 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Here I returned to the ferment and began the distillation of the tears of Diana. I went through two distillations, just, as a taste of the distillate upon finishing the 2nd distillation proved sufficient.

Distillation of Mercury #1.jpg
Distillation of Mercury #1
Distillation of Mercury #1.jpg (199.04 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Distillation of Mercury #2.jpg
Distillation of Mercury #2
Distillation of Mercury #2.jpg (92.55 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

[Top to bottom] Mercury, Phlegma, beginning product.jpg
[Top to bottom] Mercury, Phlegma, beginning product
[Top to bottom] Mercury, Phlegma, beginning product.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

I am still working on this project. I have to yet evaporate the water from the original ferment and subsequently rectify the fixed Salt of Sulfur from the "honey." At which point I will do a complete reconstitution.
Skwyrl

Postby Skwyrl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:59 am

Aw, man - I was hoping there was an auto-resize function heh. Sorry for the huge photographs!

And thank you for the warm welcome. :)
Skwyrl

Postby Schmeldvich » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:15 am

Thank you for sharing!

Those are some lovely photographs and splendid explanations.
Schmeldvich

Postby MShoAT » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the forum Skwyrl! It always pleases me to see people sharing their experiments!
I hope you'll get some ideas for further experiments here ;)
MShoAT
Site Admin

Return to Introductions