Hello

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.

Hello

Postby Illen A Cluf » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Glad to be here again. I was a member before, but my password never seemed to work. It now seems to work again after putting in a new password.

I've missed a lot of posts and will try to go back and read as many as possible.
Illen A Cluf

Re: Hello

Postby Pythagoras » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:47 am

Greetings Illen,
A Fulcanelli advocate...nice!! Hopefully you can assist some of us to see the light in the darkness of his cave :D
Pythagoras

Postby kiorionis » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:33 am

Hi there.
Art is Nature in the flask. Nature is a vial thing.
kiorionis

Postby Illen A Cluf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 am

Pythagoras wrote:Greetings Illen,
A Fulcanelli advocate...nice!! Hopefully you can assist some of us to see the light in the darkness of his cave :D

Yes, my handle is "Fulcanelli" spelled backwards :-) I have read Fulcanelli's books repeatedly for many years (amongst hundreds of other works) and feel I now know his process quite well. There are still some contradictions to work out before I can (hopefully) make sense of it all.
Illen A Cluf

Postby Illen A Cluf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:15 am

kiorionis wrote:Hi there.

Hi kiorionis. I think I "know" you from another forum.
Illen A Cluf

Postby Pythagoras » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:42 am

Illen A Cluf wrote:Yes, my handle is "Fulcanelli" spelled backwards :-) I have read Fulcanelli's books repeatedly for many years (amongst hundreds of other works) and feel I now know his process quite well. There are still some contradictions to work out before I can (hopefully) make sense of it all.

Well that's great! I'm keen to hear all what you have to say about the "flick of the wrist".
Pythagoras

Postby Illen A Cluf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:23 am

Pythagoras wrote:
Illen A Cluf wrote:Yes, my handle is "Fulcanelli" spelled backwards :-) I have read Fulcanelli's books repeatedly for many years (amongst hundreds of other works) and feel I now know his process quite well. There are still some contradictions to work out before I can (hopefully) make sense of it all.

Well that's great! I'm keen to hear all what you have to say about the "flick of the wrist".

Coincidentally, just posted my thoughts about the "flick of the wrist" in another alchemy forum. I'll start a new thread thread later, where I can repeat some of those thoughts.

Or is there already a thread that discusses that?
Illen A Cluf

Postby Pythagoras » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:43 am

The topic can be found here
Pythagoras

Postby Illen A Cluf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Pythagoras wrote:The topic can be found here

I took a look at the discussion, and it appears that the interpretation has already been absolutely judged and that any other opinions are incorrect. I agree that the term may have been incorrectly translated from French to English, and that other fanciful interpretations can thus be generated.

However, in my opinion, the real test is not how the expression, in isolation, can be interpreted, but in how Fulcanelli, for example, actually uses the term in the context of his discussion.

Since it has already been definitely decided, I do not wish to add further to that particular discussion. I'll just agree to disagree.
Illen A Cluf

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Illen A Cluf wrote:
However, in my opinion, the real test is not how the expression, in isolation, can be interpreted, but in how Fulcanelli, for example, actually uses the term in the context of his discussion.

Since it has already been definitely decided, I do not wish to add further to that particular discussion. I'll just agree to disagree.

The thing is, how he actually uses the term is not definitive and is thus left to interpretation.
I'm also sure that I did say that my interpretation was my own opinion and so the issue can't be called definitive, but fair enough, it would have been nice to hear your take on the matter.
Again, welcome back.

Next

Return to Introductions