Contributors

All information about the forum can be found here.

Re: Contributors

Postby ggkvarma » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:53 pm

dear mshoat,thank you,very much,
ggkvarma

Postby MShoAT » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Added thyl lum to the list of contributors for showing us his practical great work experiment.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=389

Thanks thyl lum!
MShoAT
Site Admin

Postby Flightoffire » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:10 pm

SolarSeeker wrote:The book of Aquarius is right in theory, but wrong in practice. The temperature and timescale are off, and the author clearly doesn't know what the volatile spirit is.

Wiser words have never been spoken!

This is what I have stated directly or indirectly in this forum as well a few times. The BOA method as written simply will not work. It can't because it is, as you rightly stated SS, the wrong interpretation and wrong application.

Yes we need to remove 'that which is superfluous' (water) by "about 90%". But again do NOT take these texts literally. It says "ABOUT" 90%; it may be more or may be less.

The Mercury of the Sages has two original sins, says Espagnet; the first is an impure earth and sulphureous, which is separated from it by the humid bath; the second is a superfluous humidity which must be evaporated not by the dry bath of fire, but of the mild and benign fire of Nature.

The philosophical preparation consists in extracting what is superfluous and adding what is wanting.

For first of all the superfluous moisture is to be elevated with a proportionate fire...

This next one is very insightful:
The first thing in Nature, as we said before, is the substance [urine] which represents a particular conglomeration of the four elements [fire, earth, water, air] which the Sages call Mercury or quicksilver But this quicksilver is as yet imperfect, on account of its gross and earthy sulphureous nature, which renders it too easily combustible, and on account of its superfluous watery elements, which have all been collected together out of the four elements by the action of the heavenly planets. This substance is composed of a hot sulphureous earth, and a watery essence, in such a way that the sages have called it imperfect sulphur.

Now, since Nature is always striving to attain perfection and to reach the goal set before her by the Creator of all things, she is continually at work upon the qualities of the four elements of each substance; and so stirs up and rouses the inward action of the elements by the accidental heat of the Sun, and by natural warmth that there arises a kind of vapour or steam in the veins of the earth. This vapour cannot make its way out, but is closed in; in penetrating through fat, earthy, oily, and impure sulphureous substances it attracts to itself more or less of these foreign and external impurities. This is the reason that there are seen in it so great a variety of colours before it attains to purity and its own proper colour.

In this work Nature is ceaselessly occupied while the metals are still in the earth; but she takes away from them nothing save their superfluous water and the impurity which prevents them from attaining to the nature of gold, as we briefly showed in the second chapter.

At first you removed from it all its superfluous humidity; in the second, you have rid it of its impure earthy parts which remained in the faeces.

The first bit is easy, the second half is more tricky. :)

Even Author towards the end started to realise this, which is why he stated "it is all metaphor". In other words, 'calcination', 'separation', 'fermentation', etc, etc are NOT to be taken literally, but metaphorically. Yes there is definitely separation, etc, but NOT in the literal, lineal 'hands on' approach people are (mostly) doing because they are being too literal.

Again I ask, where in nature do you see all this separating, filtering, recombining, etc, etc, that a few people are still religiously doing? You don't.

I had the blessings of a couple of knowledgeable people give me hints and suggestions but I figure most of it out (what I know so far) myself by doing 3 things:

• Read the old texts (ie, NOT the Book of Aquarius) for any intelligent helpful clues, quotes, etc, from the 'old boys/girls'. (Hint, use the search feature and look for key words. I try and avoid reading a full text unless really good and easy to understand. Start with the easy clear texts then go for the more abstract ones later). This is the intellectual stuff.
  • Trust my FEELINGS when reading stuff. Important! Intellect alone (although essential) will not get you there if you ONLY use a literal interpretation of the 'ink on paper' as your guide. One text will say you should do something, a second will say you shouldn't, and a third will say the first two texts are wrong and you should do something completely different all together! Which is correct? Listen to your intuition and higher intelligence (as opposed to lower intellect. That will guide you.
  • ACT on your intuition. Test what you hunches are saying in the lab. Try stuff. That's the fun part where you will make insightful discoveries. After that, you go back to the texts and repeat.

Towards the end of the BOA (last 6 months or so, BOA members will recall that a few of us were separating out what I call 'damp salty' looking stuff at the tops of our alembics - Poseidon initially but he could not explain correctly how important it was, myself, Carzy, a couple others.

A few of you will also remember that Dave Ottee and Son right at the start of the forum got those amazing needle looking crystals in their alembic at low temperature. How many paid attention to that?

If people are still sitting on the BOA as their 'bible' for alchemical guidance, they will fail, to put it bluntly...and honestly.

It is a great book to get people started but the method will not work as described.

FOF
Be Still, and Know Who You Are.
Flightoffire

Postby MShoAT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey,

Added Pythagoras to the list for his continuous effort to point us in the right direction.

Thanks Pyhtagoras!
MShoAT
Site Admin

Re: ggkvarma's work

Postby ggkvarma » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Flightoffire wrote:
SolarSeeker wrote:The book of Aquarius is right in theory, but wrong in practice. The temperature and timescale are off, and the author clearly doesn't know what the volatile spirit is.

Wiser words have never been spoken!

This is what I have stated directly or indirectly in this forum as well a few times. The BOA method as written simply will not work. It can't because it is, as you rightly stated SS, the wrong interpretation and wrong application.

Yes we need to remove 'that which is superfluous' (water) by "about 90%". But again do NOT take these texts literally. It says "ABOUT" 90%; it may be more or may be less.

The Mercury of the Sages has two original sins, says Espagnet; the first is an impure earth and sulphureous, which is separated from it by the humid bath; the second is a superfluous humidity which must be evaporated not by the dry bath of fire, but of the mild and benign fire of Nature.

The philosophical preparation consists in extracting what is superfluous and adding what is wanting.

For first of all the superfluous moisture is to be elevated with a proportionate fire...

This next one is very insightful:
The first thing in Nature, as we said before, is the substance [urine] which represents a particular conglomeration of the four elements [fire, earth, water, air] which the Sages call Mercury or quicksilver But this quicksilver is as yet imperfect, on account of its gross and earthy sulphureous nature, which renders it too easily combustible, and on account of its superfluous watery elements, which have all been collected together out of the four elements by the action of the heavenly planets. This substance is composed of a hot sulphureous earth, and a watery essence, in such a way that the sages have called it imperfect sulphur.

Now, since Nature is always striving to attain perfection and to reach the goal set before her by the Creator of all things, she is continually at work upon the qualities of the four elements of each substance; and so stirs up and rouses the inward action of the elements by the accidental heat of the Sun, and by natural warmth that there arises a kind of vapour or steam in the veins of the earth. This vapour cannot make its way out, but is closed in; in penetrating through fat, earthy, oily, and impure sulphureous substances it attracts to itself more or less of these foreign and external impurities. This is the reason that there are seen in it so great a variety of colours before it attains to purity and its own proper colour.

In this work Nature is ceaselessly occupied while the metals are still in the earth; but she takes away from them nothing save their superfluous water and the impurity which prevents them from attaining to the nature of gold, as we briefly showed in the second chapter.

At first you removed from it all its superfluous humidity; in the second, you have rid it of its impure earthy parts which remained in the faeces.

The first bit is easy, the second half is more tricky. :)

Even Author towards the end started to realise this, which is why he stated "it is all metaphor". In other words, 'calcination', 'separation', 'fermentation', etc, etc are NOT to be taken literally, but metaphorically. Yes there is definitely separation, etc, but NOT in the literal, lineal 'hands on' approach people are (mostly) doing because they are being too literal.

Again I ask, where in nature do you see all this separating, filtering, recombining, etc, etc, that a few people are still religiously doing? You don't.

I had the blessings of a couple of knowledgeable people give me hints and suggestions but I figure most of it out (what I know so far) myself by doing 3 things:

• Read the old texts (ie, NOT the Book of Aquarius) for any intelligent helpful clues, quotes, etc, from the 'old boys/girls'. (Hint, use the search feature and look for key words. I try and avoid reading a full text unless really good and easy to understand. Start with the easy clear texts then go for the more abstract ones later). This is the intellectual stuff.
  • Trust my FEELINGS when reading stuff. Important! Intellect alone (although essential) will not get you there if you ONLY use a literal interpretation of the 'ink on paper' as your guide. One text will say you should do something, a second will say you shouldn't, and a third will say the first two texts are wrong and you should do something completely different all together! Which is correct? Listen to your intuition and higher intelligence (as opposed to lower intellect. That will guide you.
  • ACT on your intuition. Test what you hunches are saying in the lab. Try stuff. That's the fun part where you will make insightful discoveries. After that, you go back to the texts and repeat.

Towards the end of the BOA (last 6 months or so, BOA members will recall that a few of us were separating out what I call 'damp salty' looking stuff at the tops of our alembics - Poseidon initially but he could not explain correctly how important it was, myself, Carzy, a couple others.

A few of you will also remember that Dave Ottee and Son right at the start of the forum got those amazing needle looking crystals in their alembic at low temperature. How many paid attention to that?

If people are still sitting on the BOA as their 'bible' for alchemical guidance, they will fail, to put it bluntly...and honestly.

It is a great book to get people started but the method will not work as described.

FOF
ggkvarma

Postby Solx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:08 am

time to create a new user group

a blue user group.
Last edited by Solx on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solx

Postby Schmeldvich » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:06 pm

Solx wrote:time to create a new user group

a blue user group. many in the original BoA forum say i created the stone. and 2 others. am i to still be classified as red? green? or orange?

i say i am blue. as well as Solomon and Poseidon. whom were my students !!!

Your suggestion is appreciated, although we are not going to create a new user group at this time.

You have not concocted the Philosopher's Stone, Solx.

When, or if, you ever do succeed in tangibly producing the Philosopher's Stone I will gladly make your name bright blue, I'll even throw some rainbow color on it for you too...though I think such trivial matters will be the least of your concern if you ever reach this point in time. ;)

Keep the ideas coming!
Schmeldvich

Postby Flightoffire » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:59 am

And Solomon and Poseidon, both of whom had a very good understanding of alchemy and made good progress, were most certainly not students of Solx. Another false claim.

FOF
Be Still, and Know Who You Are.
Flightoffire

Postby MShoAT » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 am

Added Ferreirea to the list of contributors for continuously showing his work.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=709
MShoAT
Site Admin

Previous

Return to About this forum