Hermitus Introduction

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.
Hermitus

Hermitus Introduction

Post by Hermitus » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:04 am

Greetings,

Hello from the Hermit on the White Mountain.

Several years ago, I was "called" out of the city life and pulled towards the mountains. I heeded this call and left everything behind to commune with the Spirit of God, to learn and be taught. I live my life off-grid and IN nature. I listen to nature and try to learn from nature itself.

In Truth, I'm not even very well adapted to pc's and, has a matter of fact, this is my first time ever joining a forum or posting online. So if anyone knows how to set up an avatar on my profile, let me know. I don't use nor own a "smart or cell phone" so, modern electronics look a bit like Greek to me.

What I lack in modern tech knowledge, I more than make up for in my personal experiences in, and ability to hear, nature. I serve my God and hear his Spirit ... in the wind, in the snow ... in the very light itself. It was the same call that brought me up this mountain that has brought me to the doorstep of Alchemy.

I consider myself an "animist", as I believe nature itself is living and breathing. Over the years I have had to learn how to become self-sufficient and "create" my own power (along with many other things). This has solidified, with-in me, an understanding, in a form, of the electric universe model (Tesla, Maxwell, Heaviside, etc.) over the current "atomistic" cosmology. During the long, cold, winters here, I have many hours to read and research, with I put to good use (at least I like to think I do, lol). I do not judge anyone else's beliefs about the universe but seek to learn from as many views as possible.

It is my belief that the Great Work is not just a set of instructions ... as being like the step-by-step "instructions" in a cooking recipe ... but, it is much more than that. Before one can even begin to approach such a task, I believe that one needs a firm grasp on the "mechanics" of the very world around them. In a since, it's a very delicate "catch 22". One seeks the Stone to better understand the workings of nature (and the Stone will unlock this) but, at the same time, one must understand the workings of nature to touch the Stone.

So, before I ramble any longer ... it's good to meet everyone and best of luck in all your endeavors.

~ Heritus

Schmeldvich

Re: Hermitus Introduction

Post by Schmeldvich » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:59 am

Welcome Hermitus!

It is a joy to have you here.

It is clear from your introduction post that you are balanced soul with much life experience and have a good head on your shoulders. Your path is one that I respect immensely.

Feel free to join in on some old discussions or post new threads relevant to your interests.

You were asking about changing your avatar. You change your avatar image by going to http://alchemyprocesses.com/ucp.php, clicking on the word "Profile" in between Overview and Board Preferences, then clicking on Edit avatar where you can upload a desired picture from your computer.

What spurred your interest in Alchemy?

Do you have any experiments ongoing?

Being in Nature, experiencing Nature for extended periods of time, certainly aids one's understanding of Truth; are the works of Walter Russell of any interest to you? Perhaps you would find value in checking out "A New Concept Of The Universe" (click on the link and wait for it to load to read the book). Walter Russell was on the same wavelength as Tesla and there are many wonderful pictorial diagrams in the book that are pleasing to both the Mind and Body.

Who are some of your favorite Alchemy authors?

Have you read any of these treatises? Click on the link for many genuine Alchemy books: https://philosophiauniversalis.com/genu ... emy-texts/

You said it so well "One seeks the Stone to better understand the workings of nature (and the Stone will unlock this) but, at the same time, one must understand the workings of nature to touch the Stone."

SCHMLDVCH

Hermitus

Post by Hermitus » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 am

Hello Schmeldvich,

It is very good to make your acquaintance. It feels refreshing to be in the company of a fellow Seeker.

Thank you for the links. I will definitely put them to good use!

I can never turn down a good book, esp when it is free. I love hitting up the townie libraries when they are cleaning out their inventories. I believe the printed word will one day become a very scarce commodity and to people like myself, a very valuable one. Almost ten years ago, (while going to school to become a compounding pharmacist) I worked in the college library (in a funny side story, all the workers considered themselves wizards). One day I was tasked with, literally, destroying an entire section of old books. The two of us, that where given this gruesome task, obviously, very much objected. When we asked if we could take the books home the answer was "no". Long story short, the deed was done, with no explanation as to why, other than the fact that the books had been "digitized". I fear that, if this trend continues, how long will it take before the old works only exist in digital format? Once these things are in digital, how long before no one feels the need to download their own copy anymore (or can't)? How easy it would be to "manipulate" the old knowledge, with just the stroke of a key. A book however, well ...

I have currently been rereading The New Pearl of Great Price and have been considering moving either to reading An Open Entrance to the Closed Palace of the King or The Glory of the World or Table of Paradise.

As far as my favorite Authors, I'm really not sure why, because I have heard about so much controversy surrounding him, but for some unknown reason ... I keep finding myself being drawn to Fulcanelli. Perhaps it is my disposition to find meaning in art but it must be more than that, I just haven't been able to put my finger on it yet. But at the moment, I would say Fulcanelli.

I know that some of his (Fulcanelli's) observations match my own. I still haven't been able to test out his assertion that, if someone where to stand at the bottom of a well, in midday, that one can look straight up and see the stars, through the blue sky. I do find this prospect very fascinating in deed. If nothing else, its a good excuse to get out and try some experimentation, lol.

Maybe, if it is alright, I will try and post some of my simple observations about Nature on a separate thread.

Thank you again for the links.

Well, good evening to all ... it's time for me to grab my lantern ... the night is calling to this Hermit.

~Hermitus

Schmeldvich

Post by Schmeldvich » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:08 am

Hermitus wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 am
It is very good to make your acquaintance. It feels refreshing to be in the company of a fellow Seeker.
Likewise.
I can never turn down a good book, esp when it is free. I love hitting up the townie libraries when they are cleaning out their inventories. I believe the printed word will one day become a very scarce commodity and to people like myself, a very valuable one. Almost ten years ago, (while going to school to become a compounding pharmacist) I worked in the college library (in a funny side story, all the workers considered themselves wizards). One day I was tasked with, literally, destroying an entire section of old books. The two of us, that where given this gruesome task, obviously, very much objected. When we asked if we could take the books home the answer was "no". Long story short, the deed was done, with no explanation as to why, other than the fact that the books had been "digitized". I fear that, if this trend continues, how long will it take before the old works only exist in digital format? Once these things are in digital, how long before no one feels the need to download their own copy anymore (or can't)? How easy it would be to "manipulate" the old knowledge, with just the stroke of a key. A book however, well ...
That's rough! Even today we see physical copies of books being printed. The flipside is that there are more books available than ever and most people have the ability at home to print out a personal copy should they choose to. Of course this only handles the actual textual information contained within the book, so the pleasure of holding a well bound leather treatise in one's own hands is taken away.

You bring up a spectacular point regarding manipulation of digital information which not only deals with books but also is related to another issue we are all going to be facing incredibly soon which is that we will not be able to verify ANYTHING we hear or see due to the recent advancements of computer technology being able to manipulate anyone's voice to say anything the programmer desires. Match this with the near realism we have visually in movies today and you're in for a hell of a ride. These next few decades are going to be intriguingly interesting.
Hermitus wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 am
I have currently been rereading The New Pearl of Great Price and have been considering moving either to reading An Open Entrance to the Closed Palace of the King or The Glory of the World or Table of Paradise.

As far as my favorite Authors, I'm really not sure why, because I have heard about so much controversy surrounding him, but for some unknown reason ... I keep finding myself being drawn to Fulcanelli. Perhaps it is my disposition to find meaning in art but it must be more than that, I just haven't been able to put my finger on it yet. But at the moment, I would say Fulcanelli.

I know that some of his (Fulcanelli's) observations match my own. I still haven't been able to test out his assertion that, if someone where to stand at the bottom of a well, in midday, that one can look straight up and see the stars, through the blue sky. I do find this prospect very fascinating in deed. If nothing else, its a good excuse to get out and try some experimentation, lol.

Maybe, if it is alright, I will try and post some of my simple observations about Nature on a separate thread.

Thank you again for the links.

Well, good evening to all ... it's time for me to grab my lantern ... the night is calling to this Hermit.

~Hermitus
"The New Pearl Of Great Price" is one of my top 10 favorites. Great choice.

If you're torn between "An Open Entrance To The Closed Palace Of The King" or "The Glory Of The World", both are worth reading, although out of the two I recommend "An Open Entrance To The Shut Palace Of The King".

Read: https://archive.org/details/SecretsRevealedPhilalethes

Download: https://archive.org/download/SecretsRev ... lethes.pdf

The copies of "An Open Entrance To The Closed Palace Of The King" floating around the internet these days is a bastardized copy (yet still a wonderful read). Stick with the original linked above. You most certainly will enjoy the lucidity of the author.

Fulcanelli is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. His word play, double and even triple entrendes are sharp as can be, making for such a novel reading experience.

Always happy to help!

Uambra

Post by Uambra » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Welcome Hermitus,

very nice introduction. :D

Having to destroy all these books must have been awful, why didn't they want you to take them home? That's really sad.

Fulcanelli is loved by so many people, I hope to find time to read him soon. I am still new to alchemy and it's not easy to find an appropriate approach to it. I would love to read about your observations about nature ...

Uambra

pneumatician

Post by pneumatician » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:37 pm

Last edited by Schmeldvich on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed link

wherethewindblows

Post by wherethewindblows » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 am

That is a shame about the books but not surprising in this current time;
The good news is that the light still shines in men so even if the papers are lost-
There is said to be nothing new under the sun right? Just waves rising and falling as the hourglass makes its rotation through the sands of time.
The awesome part about knowing that you Are is that every moment of experience can serve to teach you something..
or not. Totally up to you!
Or is it?

Anyways I am really starting to enjoy this site; there are some great discussions had and to be had I am sure.
I will try to engage a little more than a quick pip in the future; I just can't seem to stop reading long enough to type anything substantial!

Also; I concur that "An Open Entrance to the Closed Palace of the King" is a great read; though I was unaware that it was a bastardized version; It was one of the key texts that got me going on my current voyage of work. But thanks for the links Schmeldvich; I will reread that version soon!

I would also like to recommend Sendivogius
"But though they never departed from the simple ways of Nature they have something to teach us, which, in these more sophisticated times, still need to learn, because we have applied ourselves to what are regarded as the more advanced branches of knowledge, and despise the study of so "simple " a thing as natural Generation. Hence we pay more heed to impossible things than to those objects which are broadly exhibited before our very eyes, we excel more in subtle speculations than in a sober study of Nature, and of the meaning of the Sages. It is one of the most remarkable features of human nature that we neglect those things which seem familiar, and are eager for new and strange information"
- a random quote of the text; definitely something I can relate with!

Henry Notilus - The Chemists Key is alright too;

Of course the emerald tablet is pretty tight and the first couple chapters of genesis too!

Cheers