Hello :-)

Give yourself an introduction here and get to know the other members.
Uambra

Hello :-)

Post by Uambra » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Hello guys, nice to meet you!

Since this board hid behind a door and the lock didn't allow me to peep through the keyhole, I just registered. After some small struggles the door gave way with a sweet sigh and now I am here.

The stars of magic and dreams shine in the deep blue sky of my life and give me a comforting feeling of being home. The sparkling lights of the realms of Alchemy though are strange to me and although the moon is the same it looks different. So being in a foreign world I look around in amazement and listen to the lore and myths people narrate among each other.

Being German it's quite a challenge not only to understand the tongue of Alchemy on its own, but also to read and write in English. Talking about complex things in simple words will take some time. While trying to express what moves me and happens inside, I will learn. I believe this to be a good experience because I am writing (or trying to write) novels. Two of these novels (as are planned so far) will be about Alchemy. That's why I am here - besides my magical interest of course, which merges with my literary interest.

To be honest I don't believe in the existence of an Elixir of Life, a Universal Medicine or a Philosophers' Stone which can transform lead into gold or provide the All-Knowing. I am sure many of you have their own ideas and insights into the meaning of these matters. I am a dreamer and I believe in the reality of dreams, but I rely on my well grounded experiences, my deep feelings and instincts and on my sanity and reason. But not believing in these things doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the huge variety of Alchemy and find some profound and touching truths in it.

I am aware that this forum is more about practical Alchemy. I hope to get at least a small glimpse and understanding of some chemical and alchemical processes. I think they will be just as inspiring as the inner paths of Alchemy and I am curious of how they interact with each other. Diving into the forum and finding my way through will take some time. But I hope to find some interesting topics to talk about soon.

A technical question: I can't upload any Avatar right now. Is this because of a possible bug in firefox or do I have to write a certain amount of postings before I may have an Avatar?

See you soon, Uambra

Schmeldvich

Re: Hello :-)

Post by Schmeldvich » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:15 am

I believe you may need 5 or 10 posts before being given the ability to upload an avatar.

Welcome to the forums!

Uambra

Re: Hello :-)

Post by Uambra » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Thank you, Schmeldvich :)